Namaste dear Well Wishers,
It’s a Happy Day! With the help of my beloved, I cut off my locks (a good chunk of it!) and can now donate my hair so it can help make a wig. It actually takes about 12 braids of hair to make one wig, so it’s a start.
It’s the New Moon in Leo today at 5:51 pm EDT and I thought it fitting to follow through on a long standing intention and part with my mane at last. It feels good and looks quite fine too. There’s still enough left for a ponytail, it’s just beyond my shoulders now.
My hair has been growing for years and it certainly reached the intended hair length for donating of 30 cm/12 inches to almost double that!
Almost two years ago I got more serious about the hair donation idea and wrote about it here along with some ideas on ways to be supportive, helpful and encouraging for Cancer patients.
Here are some pictures of the braids:
Here’s where I will send my donation should you wish to do the same and their guidelines are reprinted below for your convenience . . .
“Angel Hair for Kids®” Donation Guidelines for Hair Donations:
1. Please ensure your hair has been washed and is thoroughly dry before it is cut. Please do not send wet hair.
2. Hair must not be chemically treated or processed.
3. The hair donation must be a minimum of 12”/30cm.
4. Pull curly hair straight to measure during cutting procedure.
5. Secure ponytails or braids with rubber bands at both ends.
6. Place hair in an envelope and include the donator’s contact information so we may mail their certificate of appreciation. (Please print clearly).
7. If possible, please include a “twoonie” to help get the hair to its final destination.
8. You may mail or deliver the hair donation to A Child’s Voice® Foundation office.
A Child’s Voice Foundation
Angel Hair for Kids
3034 Palstan Road, Ste. 301
Mississauga, Ontario, L4Y 2Z6
Sent with Light and Love,
Sri Devi ॐ